My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Friday, January 19, 2018

The #Me Too backlash

It seems that everyone from Catherine Deneuve (The myth of 'the seducer': how French attitudes gloss over sexual harassment) to Andrew Sullivan (#MeToo and the Taboo Topic of Nature) want to blow the whistle on the #Me Too movement: "girls, we allowed you to have your little hissyfit, but let us now return to our regularly scheduled programming (boys will be boys)".

If I had more time I'd answer both Andrew Sullivan and Catherine Deneuve, explaining in detail why they are wrong, but I'll just have yo make it short ..... Andrew, just because you're Catholic doesn't mean you have to believe in complementarianism or natural law - both science and reason are against you. And Catherine, come one, how can I take anyone seriously on sexual harassment who has this kind of Pepé Le Pew cultural baggage? ...



Here's more: Samantha Bee on the #Me Too backlash ...




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home