My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, September 21, 2017

Throwback Thursday: Vatican City

Long, long ago in this galaxy :) my mother and sister and I went on our one trip to Europe. It was one of those whirlwind kind of tours in which you visited a new country every few days. One of the places we stopped was Rome/Vatican City.

Here we see my mother and sister, with the dome of St. Peter's Basilica in the background ...



And here is me in the Vatican Museums with a bust of Julius Caesar ...



I wasn't a Catholic then and didn't have any interest in the Vatican as a religious site, but I was an art major in college, so it was great to see all the stuff in the Vatican's museums. Having said that, I still think the Vatican should sell all the artwork and give the money to the poor, but that's another blog post ;)

2 Comments:

Blogger Katherine Nielsen said...

Crystal, that is such a good picture of you by the statue. Whoever took it got the lighting just right. I've never been to Europe, maybe after I retire.

10:59 AM  
Blogger crystal said...

It was so long ago - just after college - so I assume everything has really changed a lot there. It was so great to see places I had only read about, like the Louvre, Buckingham Palace, the Black Forest. We even got to go to Delphi, where the oracle was said to be. I doubt I'll ever get to go back but I'm so glad I was able to go.

7:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home