My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, October 22, 2015

Paradise Lost



I'm re-watching season 2 of Sleepy Hollow, and in tonight's episode, Paradise Lost, Abbie meets an angel, Orion, who has just escaped purgatory after being imprisoned there for the last 200 years. He is presented as the angel that George Washington supposedly saw in a vision at Valley Forge. Abbie's so curious that she can't help nut ask him a few questions .....

Abbie: I would kick myself if I didn't ask this. What's He like? If He is a He and not a She.

Orion: By "He" you mean...

Abbie: Mm-hmm. The Almighty, Yahweh, Jehovah, or whatever name you'd use.

Orion: The concept of names does not apply. Neither does the concept of gender. All there is, is what is. You'll never be satisfied by my answers.

Abbie: No, not if you answer like that. Come on. Does heaven exist? Why are we here? Did creation really take seven days?

Orion: No.

Abbie: "No" to creation taking a week, or "no," you won't answer? How about dinosaurs? You ever seen a dinosaur?

Orion: Before my time. But I didn't always walk the Earth. I served in the Angelic Host for a long time.

Abbie: Served, as past tense? So you're off the reservation?

Orion: I broke ranks. It was not an easy decision.

Abbie: I can't begin to imagine.


Later she and Ichabod learn that Orion is an angel of destruction as things go terribly wrong.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home