My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Friday, August 01, 2014

My atavistic brain


- from The Man with Two Brains

For some time I've been trying to get a certain book from the library - Hardwiring Happiness: The New Brain Science of Contentment, Calm, and Confidence - but it keeps disappearing from my hold list. But yesterday I saw a video (thanks to a post by Fr. Marsh) by the author, psychologist Rick Hanson on the book.

One thing that struck me as I watched the video was the bit about how our early brains evolved to pay more attention to the bad stuff that happens to us rather than the good stuff in order to better facilitate survival ... I must have a super throwback brain because that's the story of my life. The good news is that brains are transformable ... brain plasticity ... both for good as well as bad. Here's the talk ...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home