My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Monday, January 27, 2014

In Memory of Holocaust Victims

On this, the International Day of Commemoration in Memory of Holocaust Victims, I'd like to link to two of Dina's recent posts ... יום הזיכרון הבינלאומי לשואה and "Remembrance and Beyond".

Though I had a general knowledge of the history around this day, it wasn't until I started reading the novels of former UPI Middle East correspondent and novelist Daniel Silva a few years ago that I got a better understanding of what happened and what it meant. I've posted often here about books of his I've read and I do recommend them.

Let's never forget.

3 Comments:

Blogger Dina said...

Shalom Crystal. I saw the video of those good words of Ban Ki-moon, and he came across so much more convincing than he usually does.

2:24 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

Shalom, Dina :)

Visiting Auschwitz must be a very affecting experience. A friend told me of this bit from the past BBC science tv series The Ascent of Man ... http://youtu.be/JlDumTPyn00

3:46 PM  
Blogger Dina said...

I suppose. But I'm not brave enough to visit.
I'll watch your video. Thanks.

1:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home