My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Monday, April 01, 2013

Unchurched

There was a post at dotCommonweal asking people how they had celebrated their Easter and all the comments were about attending church services. I guess that's to be expected but it made me realize how outside the Catholic and Christian perimeter I am. I actually looked for my old RCIA stuff, like this leaflet from my Rite of Election and Call to Continuing Conversion ceremony, to remind myself I had really once been churched ....



It's not easy being a Christian (or a Catholic) when you don't go to church, when you have no RL Christian peeps, but it does make you ask yourself some questions about why you trudge on. I just know I can't bear to go back to what life was like before I made that retreat, that I don't want to give up on the tenuous relationship I keep trying to have with Jesus/God. So anyway, my Easter was spent watching a video on the 4th week of the Spiritual Exercises, watching a Jesus movie, and exchanging chocolate with my sister :)

Here's the video I mentioned ...


4 Comments:

Blogger Liam said...

Hi Crystal,
I left you a "Happy Easter" message, but it seems to have disappeared, so once again, Happy Easter!

2:40 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

Hi Liam,

Yeah, I hadn't realized I the title had posted - thought I had deleted the post totally yesterday.

Thanks - Happy Easter to you and R and the kids :)

3:18 PM  
Blogger Fran said...

Happy Easter to you Crystal. I do wish that you had a spiritual home, a place to be in community with others in faith. However, we do all have one another around here, in one fashion or another. That's how it seems to me, anyway.

5:39 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

Hi Fran,

Happy Easter to you too! Yes, the blogosphere is my spiritual home, I guess :)

6:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home