My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Pope Francis on the Anglican Ordinariate

Saw something interesting today ....

"The Church universal needs Anglicans" - Pope Francis

[...] Bp Venables added that in a conversation with Cardinal Bergoglio, now Pope Francis, the latter made it clear that he values the place of Anglicans in the Church universal.

He called me to have breakfast with him one morning and told me very clearly that the Ordinariate [created by the Catholic Church to accommodate alienated Anglicans] was quite unnecessary and that the church needs us as Anglicans ...


I always thought the Anglican Ordinariate plan was very un-ecumenical, so I'm with Francis on this.

6 Comments:

Blogger PrickliestPear said...

Wow! That's really something. Everything I read about this man suggests that he is going to bring a very different kind of leadership to the Vatican.

I don't know if you read this already, Crystal, but this article strikes me as something you'd find interesting.

4:43 PM  
Anonymous Victor said...

I'm sure that there will be a lot of interesting stuff that many of U>S (usual sinners) will find interesting about His Holiness Papa Francis.

Crystal as you and your readers probably know, I could go on and on but I better stop and see if the hack hers, I mean the hackers let this "ONE" slip by NOW!

Go Figure! :)

http://www.splendoroftruth.com/curtjester/2013/03/papal-cyber-squatting/#respond

Peace

6:40 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

Hi PrickliestPear,

No, I hadn't yet seen that article. It's interesting - some of it seems very correct but a few things seem not quite right. Maybe I'll post about it and mention some of that. Thanks :)

7:25 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

Hi Victor,

Thanks for the link :)

7:26 PM  
Blogger PrickliestPear said...

Yes, I agree. The author mentioned that Jesuits are a diverse bunch, but made some strange generalizations about them that struck me as...off. Were you referring to something along those lines?

8:26 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

Yes. He mentioned a few things too that I think are incorrect - like that Ignatius was primarily interested in counter-reformation evangelical stuff - I think he just mainly interested in helping individuals with their spiritual lives. He says the Spiritual Exercises are the Jesuit's supplement to the gospels but that's not exactly right. And the idea that Francis is typically "Jesuity" seems off - this mentions just how weird it is for a Jesuit to become a bishop, much less a pope :) ... http://thejesuitpost.org/site/2013/03/whats-so-weird-about-a-jesuit-pope/

9:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home