My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Hummingbird

There's a hummingbird that lives in the yard - my sister tells me he's usually sitting on a branch at the very top of the walnut tree, surveying his domain :) but I haven't bee able to see him because of my vision problem. Today I looked out the front window and there he was. I ran for the camera and tried to get a photo of him. None of them turned out well, probably because he was so tiny and always moving, but still, here's one of them below. Maybe he is actually a she, a black-chinned hummingbird?




3 Comments:

Blogger William D. Lindsey said...

A beautiful photo, Crystal--made all the more precious because you almost missed getting the picture. There's some kind of parable there about how the deeply transformative and energizing presences in our lives are barely visible, and shy away from being captured. A great picture!

5:46 AM  
Blogger crystal said...

Thanks, William. I like that idea :)

12:25 PM  
Anonymous Kelly's birdhouses said...

That's awesome,hummingbirds are my favorite to watch

12:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home