My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Friday, June 08, 2012

Falling Skies


- Noah Wyle

This week's DVD rental is Falling Skies ....

Falling Skies is an American science fiction dramatic television series created by Robert Rodat and produced by Steven Spielberg. Set six months into a world devastated by an alien invasion, the series stars Noah Wyle as Tom Mason, a former Boston University history professor who becomes the second-in-command of the 2nd Massachusetts Militia Regiment, a group of civilians and fighters fleeing post-apocalyptic Boston.

I've only watched a bit so far. The beginning scenes are reminiscent of the footage in The Terminator of Kyle's post-apocalyptic life under the machines (perhaps an homage?). Noah Wyle is doing a good job as the history teacher who applies his knowledge of past wars to the present situation, and it's interesting to see parts of Boston, but I'm not sure I'm going to keep watching - I think I liked V a bit better.


6 Comments:

Blogger Deacon Denny said...

I'll have to check it out -- I like SF and haven't heard of that one.

3:39 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

Hi Denny,

I didn't like it all that much. But I see that the movie Prometheus is now playing :) maybe my sister will take me to see it.

8:28 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

I looked it up to see if I could stream it on Netflix, but found something called Falling Sky instead. The description read: "An aspiring singer and her daughter make a new start in Vegas, but Mom's drinking and struggles with the bills threaten their plans for a better life."

I guess that's not it. :-)

6:05 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

Nope :) I'm not sure I really recommend this anyway - I gave up after the first disk.

I wish I could stream - my connection speed and computer OS are too old and wimpy ;)

8:26 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

Not to make you feel worse, but I love streaming. I chose it over mailed DVDs. I'm hooked on British mysteries, among other shows. Rarely have the attention span for a movie, although I manage it occasionally. :-)

10:15 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

Yeah, I tried the streaming at Amazon too where you can also rent movies - same problem, sadly.

What British mysteries? I used to love Poirot.

12:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home