My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Sunday, December 25, 2011

Popcorn and a movie


- Watson and Holmes

Today I went to see Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows, which stars Robert Downey, Jr. as the Arthur Conan Doyle character of Sherlock Holmes and Jude Law as his buddy, Dr. Watson. The basic plot .... Watson gets married and Holmes travels through Europe with the help of his brother (Stephen Fry) and a Gypsy/Roma (Noomi Rapace) and the reluctant Watson to foil (by sacrificing himself ala The Final Problem) an evil plot hatched by Professor Moriarty (Jared Harris).


- the movie's version of Reichenbach Falls where Holmes plunges to his death (or does he? :)

I liked this second of the new Sherlock Holmes series better than the first. I've read most of the Arthur Conan Doyle stories and Downey just didn't seem very Holmes-like to me in the first film, but he's starting to grow on me and of course Jude Law is just always good. I guess once I gave up on the movies being a good representation of the books it was easier to appreciate them, and so I do recommend this one. Roger Ebert liked it too, giving it three and a half out of four stars in his review. Here's a trailer ....




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home