My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Friday, February 04, 2011

It's Only a Paper Moon

My four cats were very shy and timid, probably the result of being raised by shy timid me, and I tried to figure out how to make them feel safe and calm. I decided singing to them was the way, and just then I'd been watching Deep Space 9, featuring the character of Vic Fontaine .....

Vic Fontaine is a holographic entertainer appearing in a program run in one of Quark's holosuites on the space station Deep Space Nine. He is played by James Darren. Created by a holoprogrammer named Felix, Vic works as a Rat Pack style crooner in an idealized version of 1960s Las Vegas. He is charismatic and extremely perceptive. He is used as an informal counselor by crew-members of Deep Space Nine ...

So I learned the words to most of Vic's songs and sang them to the cats :) One of their favorites was It's Only a Paper Moon. Here's a clip from Deep Space Nine, an episode in which Nog spends some time with Vic in his holographic world, with Vic singing the song in the background ....






2 Comments:

Anonymous Victor said...

Sure sounds like Tony Bennett is singing his heart out for your cats Crystal or his that just an imaginary character?



I hear ya! Vic, if sinner vic would listen closely he might also hear my four cats singing this below:

I never feel a thing is real
When I'm away from you
Out of your embrace
The world's a temporary parking place

A bubble for a minute
You smile, the bubble has a rainbow in it.

Is that how "IT" gets around sinner vic? :)

"IT" wouldn't be make believe if you believed in me! Go Figure. :)

God Bless Peace

9:04 AM  
Blogger crystal said...

Hi Victor,

The character is fictional but the singer is real = James Darrin.

12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home