My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Sunday, February 06, 2011

A bit from

An Open Letter to the U.S. Catholic Bishops on the Forthcoming Missal by Fr. Anthony Ruff, O.S.B., posted at America magazine ....

The forthcoming missal is but a part of a larger pattern of top-down impositions by a central authority that does not consider itself accountable to the larger church .... I see a good deal of disillusionment with the Catholic Church among my friends and acquaintances. Some leave the Catholic Church out of conviction, some gradually drift away, some join other denominations, some remain Catholic with difficulty. My response is to stay in this church for life and do my best to serve her. This I hope to do by stating the truth as I see it, with charity and respect. ...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home