My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Jesus

I've posted often about the film Jesus - today I saw the whole movie's online. I'm watching it again because it's slightly different than the one I own - this one has more content than the abridged US version. The clips start and stop at awkward moments because they're each 8 minutes long, but ....

- this clip begins with Jesus saying goodbye to his mom after Joseph has died, stopping then at the home of Lazarus, Martha, and Mary, to tell Mary whom he loves that he can't marry her after all, and then finding his cousin John the baptist, to begin his new life ...


- if you can get past a couple of minutes of Herod and John the baptist quarrelling, this clip will show the first meeting of Jesus and Peter, a miraculous catch of fish, and Jesus healing a man who can't walk ....


- here's Jesus in the garden before his arrest. It starts with Judas telling the soldiers where he is, then shows Jesus with Satan, who's trying to convince him to not go through with the crucifixion by showing him a future where people kill each other in his name. The reply Jesus makes is ... "Through me, God will reveal his love for all mankind .... I will die for the everlasting kindness of the human heart created by the Father, so that man will make His image shine once again. And those who want to will find in me the strength to love until the end."...


You can read a review of the movie by Professor of Religion and Philosophy, Greensboro College, W. Barnes Tatum, here.


2 Comments:

Blogger Deacon Denny said...

I've never seen the movie, believe it or not. But I enjoyed those three short takes, thank you. Didn't you post the one with the condemned woman once before?

3:59 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

Yes, I think so. I thought of choosing the one where Jesus tells Mary of Bathany that he can't marry her after all = that doesn't seem to show up in many Jesus movies :) Maybe I'll replace it.

9:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home