My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Decision-making: Ignatius and Jonah Lehrer


- the Charioteer of Delphi

Someone asked me what the Spiritual Exercises of Ignatius of Loyola are for and I thought that one of the purposes was to learn how to make good decisions (you can read all about this aspect here at Ignatianspirituality.com).

So today when I saw a video, Jonah Lehrer: How We Decide, I thought it would be interesting to see how different his take would be from that of Ignatius. Jonah begins the talk by mentioning Plato's Chariot Allegorys and also the trolley experiment - it's a really interesting talk.

What's kind of neat is that I believe he and Ignatius end up thinkin kind of the same thing - that discerned or mets-cognated emotion fuels good decisions.

Go to the link above to listen to the whole thing, but here below is the first part .....




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home